According to figures from State Farm, about 250,000 homes incur water damage and house flooding each year because of frozen pipes. Up to 250 gallons of water per DAY can leak from a crack as small as 3mm! That’s almost unbelievable.
When temperatures drop below 20 degrees, pipes are susceptible to damage from expansion and contraction, resulting in cracks as the temperatures fluctuate throughout the day. Even the pipes IN the house can freeze when temperatures get low. Here are some simple steps you can take to help prevent this costly and disruptive damage to your home or office.
- Leave water drizzling from any pipe NOT insulated.
- Leave cabinet doors open in bathroom and kitchen to allow heat to get back to the pipes.
- Insulate pipes where possible.
- Disconnect outside garden hoses.
- Seal cracks in the foundation which allow freezing air into crawlspaces.
Contact Pioneer Restoration, Bend and Redmond’s Water Damage Restoration Pros for help during a flooding event. We will be there to get you back to normal as soon as possible. 541-668-8201